Get wall-to-wall power with battery storage
Battery storage for your home is a modern reality. Energy generated by solar panels can now be stored in a ‘rechargeable’ battery fixed to a wall in or outside your home, and then used when the sun isn’t shining.
Four key battery storage benefits:
- Store excess electricity rather than returning to the grid, increasing self-consumption and making your household less reliant on the grid and rising energy bills
- Self-usage is 300% more economical than exporting your excess energy back to the grid
- Home batteries provide useful backup power for during blackouts
- Storage allows for grid trading with aggregators, depending on your energy plan
Ultimately, a battery storage system in an energy-efficient home could remove the need for grid power altogether. In fact, AES Solar has installed solar-plus-battery-solutions for off-grid homes in locations where there is no mains electricity supply at all.
AES Solar is a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer, which means we offer an advanced solar-plus-battery solution that enables you to store the abundant free power of the sun to vastly reduce your reliance on fossil fuels – potentially to zero!
How the Tesla Powerwall works
During the day, the sun shines on your solar panels, charging your battery. At night, your home draws electricity from your battery, powering your home with clean, sustainable energy around the clock.
At AES Solar, we ensure installing a Tesla Powerwall is straight-forward and stress-free, whether it’s at the same time as your solar panels or as an add-on. We take care of everything from carrying out surveys, system design & quotation to installation and maintenance.
What’s inside the Powerwall?
The sleekly designed Tesla unit looks great mounted to walls or on the ground, indoors or outdoors, but here’s what does all the work on the inside:
- 14kWh lithium-ion battery pack
- Liquid thermal control system
- Integrated inverter
- Intuitive software releasing electricity when needed most
The main features of the Tesla Powerwall are:
- Increasing self-consumption of solar power generation – Powerwall can store surplus solar energy during daylight hours and use that energy later when the sun is not shining
- Load shifting – Powerwall can charge during low rate periods when demand for electricity is lower and discharge during more expensive rate periods when electricity demand is higher
- Back-up power – An upgrade on the original system, if you want to proceed with a backup system the Powerwall will “keep the lights on” in the event of a grid outage
Tesla Powerwall 2 specs:
- Mounting: Wall or Floor Mounted, Indoor/Outdoor
- Inverter: Fully integrated Tesla inverter
- Usable Capacity: 13.5 kWh
- Power: 5 kW continuous, 7 kW peak Round Trip
- Efficiency: 90%
- Operating Temperature Range: –20°C to 50°C (–4°F to 122°F)
- Dimensions: 1150 mm x 755 mm x 155 mm (45.3 in x 29.7 in x 6.1 in)
- Warranty: 10 years